[Beowulf] OS for 64 bit AMD

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Wed Apr 6 07:37:55 PDT 2005

Joe Landman wrote:

> Richard Walsh wrote:
>
>> We simply come to rest on a idea so that we can proceed to
>> act/compute/design/think
>> etc.  ... but we must always be aware of the potential for
>> overreaching.  Perhaps the
>> most basic axiom is that of the notion of identity (one cannot count
>> without it), but
>> we all know that in fact no two things are identical.
>
> :)
>
> Do we really?  I expect an electron looks like every other electron
> (but never having seen one, this is of course a guess).  A foundation
> of our observational sciences include being able to discern between
> different and identical things.

     They are spatially distinct.  Perfect identities always reduce to
singularities--the universe is singular until
     we chose to divide it (and make it countable).  The
distinction/difference in this case is slight indeed, and
     there is much that can be done with their assumed indentity without
overreaching.

     But back to ... clusters ... please ...

     rbw