[Beowulf] Netgear FS526T, equivalent ProCurve or similiar?

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Wed Sep 15 04:23:01 PDT 2004

Eugen,

   It depends upon what you want out of the switch. If you want
an unmanaged basic switch this might be fine, although I don't
think it can do jumbo frames. The only unmanaged switch with
jumbo frames that I know of with 24 ports is the SMC 8524T.
The best price I saw on pricegrabber was about $405. The
managed version of this switch (SMC 8624T) is about $1665
but this switch can trunk multiple lines to connect switches.

Good Luck!

Jeff