[Beowulf] Gaussian in parallel

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Tue Nov 30 13:51:30 PST 2004

Geoff et al.,

We have had several conversations with customers about Gaussian.
Apparently some datasets don't scale with Linda, and those customers
generally either run serial or with OpenMP. I wouldn't be surprised if
the people who said here that gaussian "didn't run in parallel" have
such datasets.

> Also, g03 (according to Gaussian) is still 32-bit in Linux
> environments and may be memory bound as a result.

If I understand correctly, some customers have source code and others
do not. So this is probably talking about the official binaries and
not what customers may have compiled themselves.

But, hey, I don't know, I've never seen the source!

-- greg