[Beowulf] torus versus (fat) tree topologies

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Fri Nov 12 15:07:31 PST 2004

Chris Sideroff wrote:
>   Another thing I'm looking at is the hardware vendors experience with
> Fluent.  Since, there is no option of tuning the code it is quite
> important that the vendor have had some experiences with other customers
> using it.  And even better, if the technicians are willing to provide
> support for Fluent with their product.  Dolphin has been _extremely_
> helpful in this respect, providing an SCI cluster for me to test Fluent
> and offering suggestions for running it (thanks Simen).

Most cluster resellers provides access to testbeds and Fluent is a very
popular applications. At 32 nodes, I don't expect the Fluent performance
to be much different between most HPC interconnects. Price and practical
reasons would be the decisive factors here, IMHO.

Patrick
--

Patrick Geoffray
Myricom, Inc.