[Beowulf] Benchmarking?

Philippe Blaise philippe.blaise at cea.fr
Fri Jul 30 00:29:53 PDT 2004

Yes, it's going in the good direction; have a look to the spec hpc / omp
benchmarks too
http://www.spec.org/hpg/index.html#future

A significant performance benchmark should look like a mean value or a
collection of mean values
extracted from processor, memory, network, I/O, and throughput measurements
and/or parallel benchmarks of interest. That's why the top500 list is
meaningless ; please, just read this :
http://www.computerworld.com/governmenttopics/government/policy/story/0,10801,94607,00.html

Au revoir,

 Philippe