[Beowulf] performance differences between distros?

David Mathog mathog at mendel.bio.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 22 09:03:13 PDT 2004

This list has many discussions concerning which distro is easier
to install and/or configure for use in a cluster, but I've not
yet seen a discussion about which distro actually gives better
performance.  I'm going to guess that comes down primarily to
the choice of kernel and the modules in that kernel, and that
differs between distros.

Can anybody point me to a site that runs "stream" and
other benchmarks on a variety of different linux distros
on the same hardware?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu