[Beowulf] passwordless "rsh" login

sandeep krishnan skandy_78 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 13:20:43 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a cluster set up with redhat 8.0 in which Fluent is being used. The /home of the master is being shared by all the nodes on the cluster. For running parallel applications with Fluent it requires passwordless "rsh" login to all the nodes. As a local user (non root) I am able to login from the master to all the nodes with rsh without password. But from one node to another it keeps asking for the password.

Is there a solution to it?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy.

Sandeep Krishnan