[Beowulf] Q: Cooling units? Raised floors? General machine room stuff..

Jakob Oestergaard jakob at unthought.net
Mon Jul 5 07:21:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:03:59AM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Jim Lux wrote:
>
> > >   Finally, what other suggestions do people have for equipment needed?
> > > On my list we've got the UPS, the AC, thermal sensors and killswitches,
> > > APC Masterswitch units, power lines, network lines, web/video camera and
> > > an alarm.  Anything else people find useful?
> >
> > Coat rack to hang some jackets on.

Now that we're in the "human accessories" department;

Get a first aid kit with a pair of scissors, plaster in different sizes,
antiseptic wipes and some adhesive tape.

Sooner or later someone is going to cut his hands on a piece of old kit,
that's where the wipes and plaster come in handy.

This will fix 99% of the cases that don't require paramedics anyway ;)

Did anyone mention flashlights?  Get a few good ones.

--

 / jakob