[Beowulf] Raid disk read performance issue in Linux 2.6, anyone seen this?

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Dec 6 08:39:36 PST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Craig Tierney wrote:

> This problem appears on different storage.  I have tried DDN (raid 3),
> Nexsan (raid 5), and Infotrend (raid 3 and 5).

So the subject is a bit misleading as you are not using software RAID,
but only connecting a hardware RAID box through SCSI or FC; is this
right ? If so, what SCSI/FC card and what Linux module are you using ?
For the 2.4 test, the hardware RAID box was connected to the same
computer or to another one ?

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868