[Beowulf] Good Grid Computing classes?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Aug 13 13:34:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Dean Johnson wrote:

> Personally, the performance envelope that is most entertaining to push
> is how much gear I can bring in the house before my wife puts a stop to
> it. ;-)
>
> "Honey, I *need* to plug in the dryer for work clothes. Are you just
> about done there?"

I truly sympathize.  Also "Honey, don't you think our 8 year old needs
another computer on our household gigabit network?  He only has two and
I'm worried that he's falling behind his brothers..."

On the bright side, think of all the money you save heating the house
every winter.

:-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu