Xeon rackmonts

Ken Chase math at velocet.ca
Tue Mar 11 20:48:16 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:56:43PM -0500, Trey Palmer's all...
> I'm told that dual Athlons draw more like 250 watts though.  That
> was the deciding factor for us.  We had initially gotten quotes for
> quad Athlons (two duals in a 1u), but we decided we'd rather have
> a cramped machine room than pay for 4 more tons of AC and 12kW
> more power....

at worst the dual 1.33Ghz tbirds on the Tyan2460 and 2466 boards with no
drives, video, and only a couple ns83820 based gbe cards were about 1.85 amps
(running burnk7, burnmmx and memtest), and idle was 1.6.

/kc

Ken Chase, math at velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA