SCMS question(s)

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Wed Jan 8 08:22:27 PST 2003

I've read some overviews/user manual/... about
SCE and, in particular(especially), SCMS, and it looks for me
that it's the best choice today (I looked also on bWatch,
CMS, SGI PCP).

But few SCMS-2.0 features are not clear for me just now.
I'll be very appreciate if somebody will help me w/answers.

1) I have PIII Tualatin CPU's on frontal cluster node
but Athlon MP on compute nodes. The documentation
says that I must have equal "kinds" of CPUs.
Is it "strong" requirement ? What really
will not work in SCMS in my case ?

2) HARDWARE plugin for cms_rms has the possibility
to control fan speeds and temperature values.
How it's organised ? Is it work through lm_sensors
package or directly ?

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminksy
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry