New Primes Software

Mike Iacovacci miacovacci at paragon-networks.com
Tue Sep 10 13:54:12 PDT 2002

We recently constructed a beowulf cluster running on the Scyld
implementation of beowulf. We are looking for a program that would allow the
cluster to participate in the search for new prime numbers, as part of a
learning project. Are there any Prime programs that take advantage of the
cluster technology ? MPI, PVM, etc ? I already checked mersenne.org, and
they provide a linux version, but it doesn't utilize the cluster nodes. Any

Mike Iacovacci <mailto:it at paragon-networks.com>
IT Manager
Paragon Networks
http://www.paragon-networks.com