Gbit switches

Joe Rice riceja at water-melon.net
Sat Sep 7 14:55:01 PDT 2002

i would recommend the Extreme Networks Summit 7i.
It is a 4U 28 port 100/1000 Mbit copper and 4
Gbit fiber ports for the easy expansion.  It will
of course support jumbo frames.

http://www.extremenetworks.com/libraries/prodpdfs/products/summit7i.asp

-joe

Art Edwards(edwardsa at plk.af.mil)@Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 09:54:01AM -0600:
> I have purused the Beowulf archive looking for comparisons of and/or
> guidance for Gbit ethernet switches. I'm putting together a 16 node
> cluster and would like to use one switch. I would prefer it to be
> stackable if we find Gbit ethernet gives us significantly improved
> performance. Obviously we want one that can support jumbo frames. Any
> suggestions or comments?
>
> Art Edwards
>
> Senior Research Physicist
> Air Force Research Laboratory

How do i get rid of those words in my screen that are coming from you?