C++ programming

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Thu Oct 31 20:57:49 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:55:50AM +0100, Jakob Oestergaard wrote:

> I make a living delivering real software for the real world, written in
> real languages. So I take no offence in being called "old school" or
> 90's or whatever  :)

Last Saturday I was wearing a Gnu Fortran T-shirt, the one with the
big GNU on it eating grass which is equations. I went to the grocery
store to buy lunch, the Mollie Stones grocery store on California
Avenue in Palo Alto, which has more than its fair share of computer
companies. As I headed to the checkout, a guy stared at my shirt, and
then said, "Fortran. Huh."

I guess he didn't think I looked old enough, or maybe thought Fortran
was dead.

But later that night I went contra dancing, so I had to run home and
change my shirt. I wouldn't be caught dead socializing in it...

-- greg