thermal kill switch

John Brookes johnb at quadrics.com
Wed Oct 23 12:01:36 PDT 2002

There's also a product from Linux Networx, called an ICE Box (Integrated
Cluster Environment, IIRC). It allows you remote: control of power;
out-of-band access; environmental monitoring.

http://www.linuxnetworx.com/products/icebox.php

These have been tried out at LLNL, who have a couple of open source tools
that support it (see http://www.llnl.gov/linux/chaos/). On their first time
out in the big, bad world (when I saw them) there was the odd minor problem,
but that was before it was a 'product' (and they're on rev 2.x now I think).

Don't know how much they cost.

HTH,

John Brookes
Quadrics