C++ programming (was Newbie Alert: Beginning parallel program ming with Scyld)

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Oct 15 11:37:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Andrew Fant wrote:

> But seriously folks.  Would I get in TOO much trouble if I were to point

Yes.  We reserve the REAL tortures, e.g. the Iron Maiden, the rack, for
people who use the F-word.

Although why bother.  Fortran is its own punishment.  But there are
undoubtedly people who would consider hell to be a nice neighborhood,
not too cold in the winter...;-)

   rgb

(ex-APL, ex-PL1, ex-Basic, ex-Fortran, ex-Pascal coder,
ex-etc-that-I've-forgotten and then we start on scripting languages...)

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu