tcp/sysv/usysv

Timothy W. Moore twm at tcg-hsv.com
Thu Oct 10 06:47:52 PDT 2002

I have been running my cluster with GigE networking components and do
not have problems until I try a 3D run.  I have studied the different
protocols for passing messages, but do not understand the terminology
(for I am not a computer scientist).  Every discussion list I see has
understands the text (semaphores, etc.) and when people ask the question
I am asking now, they drag and click the response.  This is my question:

I know that u/sysv are both tcp based.  The standardized response is
usysv works for SMP machines.  I have a cluster of 8 uniprocessor
nodes...does this mean I should use sysv?

Tim

--
Timothy W. Moore
Trident Consulting Group, Inc.