problems with 3com and intel 100MB cards

Marcin Kaczmarski mkaczm at us.edu.pl
Thu Oct 10 02:47:08 PDT 2002

Hello,

Maybe all these problems related to 3com and intel cards happen only
while using CPMD package - this is ab initio code developed at IBM.
But those people do not have to worry for network connections, they have
IBMs , Crays, etc.
 I run several tests for instance with Netpipe and nothing bad happenned
during these tests indeed, the results were proper - 160-180 Mbits.sec
for dual channel and 51us latency (kernel 2.4.x). I think that I did
almost everything, I do not have any other idea how to fight with that.
Perhaps it`s time to make a pleasure for Myricom or Dolphinics company.

Kind regards