Need ball park power and cooling requirements

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Oct 2 09:18:58 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Ken Chase wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:30:05AM -0500, Ray Muno's all...
>
> > > on a 2400 VA line; c) PFC supplies consume less energy on average, and
> > > the power companies often charge you less money for what you use if you
> > > don't need the high peak currents associated with a relatively poor
> > > power factor.
>
> How much more are these PFC supplies and what 'format' are they sold in?  (and
> who sells them?) Wouldnt power factor increase with a large well built single
> supply with wiring to power multiple boards? (Or was the argument there "when
> there's a failure, n nodes are fried instead of 1".)

a manufacturer:

http://www.sparklepower.com/prodspe.htm#pfc

and another:

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/index.htm

(look for pfc .95 or higher)

a vendor:

http://www.rackmountpro.com/

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but