Bonded head nodes

Ivan Pulleyn ivan at sixfold.com
Fri Nov 8 13:12:30 PST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> We did that work well over 2 years ago, and published the source.  There
> is no "work as a group" to be done unless you mean "crib the code so that
> I can get credit for the idea".

I guess I have to disagree here.

	(1) There's always more than one way to get something
	done. Multiple solutions to the same problem are part of what
	make Linux what it is.

	(2) A quick scan of the various Linux PXE client code out
	there shows that nothing exists above and beyond standard PXE
	protocol. In addition, some don't even support MTFTP, which is
	a problem I hope to address quite soon. So, when you say "the
	work has already been done," I'm confused about where it
	exists, unless this is something only Scyld customers have
	access to.

In any case, please don't accuse me of being in any way dishonest when
I'm merely reaching out to find collaborators. This list should remain
a friendly place for us to all share ideas.

Ivan...

Ivan Pulleyn
Sixfold Technologies, LLC
Chicago Technology Park