thermal kill switches; where to get?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 16 13:56:24 PDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Joseph Mack wrote:

> RGB talks about thermal kill switches in his on-line book.
> With google, I could find lots of kill switches (motorcycle,
> boat) thermal kill/shut off/safety switches seem to come
> already built into something else. Does anyone know where
> to get them?
>
> Thanks Joe

Dear Joe,

I found them myself only after a really arduous search, but they are not
unknown to electrical contractors.  After I told our architect that we
"insisted" on having one in the room, he made arrangements and there is
a very lovely one there at this very moment.

I'll try to remember the precise google formula for finding them on the
web.  It wasn't obvious.  I'll also look on the box next time I go in
and see who makes it.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu