High End AGP cards compatibility with Dual Athlon Processor Servers

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Sat May 11 09:10:09 PDT 2002

With regards to your message at 10:01 AM 5/11/02,
beowulf-request at beowulf.org. Where you stated:
>From: "Sachin Goel" <sgoel at angstrom.com>
>To: <beowulf at beowulf.org>, "Maurice Hilarius" <maurice at harddata.com>
>Subject: Re: High End AGP cards compatibility with Dual Athlon  Processor
>Servers
>Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:55:53 -0400
>
>thanks for all the messages..
>
>most of the people have tried tyan motherboards......
>
>has any one tried the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW motheboards with high end AGP
>cards............
>
>any views?
>
>thanks
>
>sachin
>Sachin Goel
>Angstrom Microsystems Inc.,
The problem with the other MPX boards ( gigabyte, asus, MSI) is that they
are not "server boards"
As in they lack the PCI slot location closer to the CPUs, so will not play
well with 1U or 2U cases.
Also they lack niceties like serial console options, etc.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!