MPI Mandel switch

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 8 13:47:51 PDT 2002

| Sorry for the re-post, but Donald replied directly to me and I lost the
| email.  What is the syntax for the command line switch to make the MPI
| Mandel routine loop?  It has a loop feature, but it does not funtion, need
| to be passed at the command line.  Anybody know it?

    mpirun -np <numprocs> pmandel -colors 128 -i cool.points -loop

The file cool.points is in the mpich distribution, in the
mpich/mpe/contrib/mandel directory along with pmandel itself.  It is easy to
add your own.  The format can be deduced from the points defined there already
and the stdout output of pmandel as you run it interactively, using the mouse
to zoom in.  Pmandel was written by Ed Karrels when he was my student here at
Argonne; he is now at Google.  This is one of my favorite programs.  Let me
know if you have any further questions.

Rusty Lusk