Good Tutorial for Clusters

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed May 8 03:30:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Raju Mathur wrote:

>   In general (no, I don't want to start
> another distro war here!) is there any particular reason for
> preferring one distribution over another /for running Beowulf/ ?

I suspect many people are like myself -- given the choice (not always
possible), they use whatever they're most comfortable with.
In my case, Debian.
Yes, I could come up with a whole load of pseudo-reasons about ease of
update, fully automatic installation, etc., but what it boils down to
eventually is that I use Debian for my small home setup simply because
I'm used to it for day-to-day tasks on my workstation(s).

For a larger or research-oriented project I would probably have to be
guided by corporate choice or team consensus; but choice of another
distribution wouldn't put me out all that much.  (I'ld be more likely to
look at availability and performance of underlying software.)

msw
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler at startext.co.uk> gpg key 01269BEB @ the.earth.li