Passing a newer driver

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Thu May 2 09:34:29 PDT 2002

I am using Intel Pro/100 VE onboard NICs on eight PIII 1.13 boxes.  When I
boot the the Scyld install, I recive an error during the initial phase,
before the actual install.  Looks like the network card (or something on my
PCI bus) is being detected as not supported by that Kernel.

What is the procedure for specifying those that need to be used, so I can
continue with the install?  Is it some implementation of modprobe, expert
mode, disable PCI scan, etc?

Can someone give me a little more granular walk through, or point me to a
resource?

Grazie, TIA!