More Tyan S2466 Issues

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed May 1 09:21:22 PDT 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Lambe, Dave wrote:

> UPDATE....
> After fiddling setting the BIOS to defaults, disabling "memory caching", and
> setting the default video to "PCI", I was able to get it to boot a little
> further.
> Now, it boots to Part 1 (2kernal monte) and begins sending RARP requests.
> The "headnode" sees it and allows it to be "Activated", which assigns it as
> "Node 5"...MAC address...IP Address..."down". The node still says "Sending
> RARP request" to no avail.
> I'll let it lay for a bit (in hopes it'll eventually come up).

See preceeding discussion about Tyan and slots (over the last week).  Be
sure that you try your cards in different slots.  For us this turned out
to be the "solution" to the 2460 problems we've encountered -- some slot
combinations don't work, others do.  Go figure.

Also be sure to visit www.amdmb.com and join the forum.  They have
many threads on the 2466; perhaps your problem is addressed there.

   rgb