Clock Synchronization

Mike Snitzer msnitzer at plogic.com
Tue Jun 25 17:00:57 PDT 2002

Wow!.. upon further investigation broadcast seems to be working:

[root at LC1 ~]# ntpdc -l
client    LOCAL(0)
client    otc2.psu.edu
broadcast 192.168.0.255
[root at LC2 ~]# ntpdc -l
bclient   LC1
[root at LC2 ~]# ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
*LC1             128.118.25.3     3 -   41   64  377    0.134   -0.091   0.031

All this after doing absolutely nothing.  rgb was right when he said "ntp
is pretty simple and automagic, really."

Mike