2U cases for dual MP1900+

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 31 16:15:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Robert J Hunter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The group I work with is building our own cluster.  So far we have had
> heat problems with various rack-mount cases.  Does anyone have
> suggestions for 2U rack-mounts to house dual MP1900+?  Ideally we
> would like to shove a decent power-supply into the case (like an
> enermax).

it's a little tricky to shove a standard atx power supply in a 2u case
because an atx power supply is itself exactly 2u in it's narrowest dimension...

spi (sparkle power international makes a number of p4/athlon dual power
supplies sized for 2u with the dimension 4 x 2 3/4 x 8 instead of atx
sized which is 6 x 3.5 x 5