Beowulf file system

Ivan Oleynik oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Tue Jul 30 07:09:21 PDT 2002

I am planning configuration of my cluster and need to specify the disk
partitioning both on master and slave nodes. I have 400 Gb SCSI to IDE
Raid system on master and 40 Gb on each slave node. Also, slave IDE hard
drives will be linked via PVFS.

Are there any specific requirements for beowulf system that I need to take
into consideration for arranging the file system for the most effective
system performance? What kind of partitions (and their sizes) are useful
to create, what are the differences compared to standard Linux practice.

Thanks,

Ivan Oleinik

Ivan I. Oleynik                       E-mail : oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Department of Physics
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue                  Tel : (813) 974-8186
Tampa, Florida 33620-5700                Fax : (813) 974-5813