P4_GLOBMEMSIZE

Christians, Daniel Daniel.Christians at hp.com
Tue Jul 23 09:59:54 PDT 2002

Hi Marc,

Do you know if the memory is being allocated
with malloc/sbrk?  If yes, then ignore this
message.

If not, I'm going to guess that maybe the apps
are using shared memory.

If this is the case you should check the kernel
limit for 'shmax' with  '/sbin/sysctl kernel.shmax'.
The user limits do not govern this limit.  If the
shmax kernel limit is less than the total amount
of shared memory used by the apps then you'll have to
reconfigure it.  Another thing to check is if
there are any orphaned shared memory segments
To do this just run 'ipcs -m'

HTH,

Dan