an odd thing....

Dean Johnson Johnson.Dean1 at mayo.edu
Fri Jul 19 13:32:18 PDT 2002

Hello,
I just ran into something kinda odd that I haven't seen before and hope
that the collective wisdom of the net can illuminate some things.

I just went to install an Intel e1000 card in a Samsung/API UP1100 Alpha
machine. Lo and behold, it wouldn't fit, as the back lip of the PCI slot
was too thick for the 64bit card to fit over. Does this mean that the
motherboard only handles 32bit cards? or does it mean the mboard builder
used a PCI slot that is physically out of spec? I have resisted the
temptation to get in there with a nail file. ;-)

	-Dean