problem with nfs install

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com
Fri Jul 5 04:31:22 PDT 2002

Greg,

> well... i'm stumped. has anyone successfully kickstarted redhat7.3 via
nfs?

     We also use pxe/dhcpd.conf/tftpboot to deliver a kernel and initrd and
then the Kickstart file in order to install nodes with RH7.3

In our case it works with no problems, both with http and nfs flavours.
viz from the kickstart file:

#--------- location of the RedHat RPMs et al. -------------
# choice of HTTP
#url --url http://192.168.91.1/RH7.3
# or NFS
nfs --server 192.168.91.1 --dir /opt/RH7.3

In our case the server is the head node of each cluster, hence it is running
the same Linux NFS as the worker nodes will use - is your NFS server Linux
also ?

Yours,
Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505