Dual Athlon MP 1U units

Ben Ransom bransom at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jan 26 09:02:37 PST 2002

Are PFC (power factor correction) power supplies standard, or something
special wrt providing only required power and therefore less heat?  A
vendor told me that a dual 1900 Athlon on Tyan 2466 mboard can be run in 1U
if done with a 300w PFC power supply.  Do they know some great secret, or
are they stretching physics?

PS:  AMD shows one vendor's case approved with the Athlon MP running at all
available clock speeds, i.e. that would include 1900+
-Ben Ransom