AMD Athlon with Intel Fortran Compiler

Phillip Matz matz at wsunix.wsu.edu
Fri Jan 25 10:09:25 PST 2002

No prob, I was just curious.

Yes 3.3 is out (got my copy mid Dec.) and it supports a switch for
Athlon XP SSE.  I am not sure why one needs specify which architecture
one will be running the SSE compatible binaries on (it may very well
only be an aesthetic feature but still generates the same SSE code, I
don't know).  The association with Athlon XP for SSE compiling may have
more to do with the specific implementation of prefetch(via -tp athlonxp
-Mvect=prefetch) which the compiler needs to know in order to optimize
the SSE code, I can honestly say I have no real idea why just that they
are treated differently (Intel SSE vs. Athlon XP SSE) in the compiler
options for PGI 3.3.

Regards,

Phil