Help needed: MPI problem

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 4 05:52:26 PST 2002

At 02:19 AM 1/4/2002 -0500, Hao He wrote:
>Hi, there.
>
>Just installed mpich 1.2.0 and PGI compiler 3.2-4 on my cluster with RH7.1.
>Each node has 2 Pentium III processors and 2 3Com 905 NICs.
>When I running some simple program such as myname.c on the cluster,
>sometimes I got error messages look like following:

>My name is w3
>p12_1012:  p4_error: OOPS: semop lock failed
>: 7241731
>My name is w7

Bug reports about MPICH should be sent to mpi-maint at mcs.anl.gov.
To answer your question, this means that MPICH received an error return
when attempting to use a semaphore.  This could be because the pool of
available semaphores has been exhausted; you can try the command
mpich/sbin/cleanipcs to free them.  You should also update to the most
recent version of MPICH, 1.2.2.3 .

Bill