Intel E7500 versus ServerWorks GC-LE/HE

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Thu Feb 28 10:33:41 PST 2002

Systems that use the i860 have better memory bandwidth
than the E7500 and the Serverworks GC-LE.  I think the number
is about 10% but I don't have it in front of me.

The main difference between the E7500 (and the GC-LE) and the
GC-HE is that the GC-HE has 6.4 GB/s of memory bandwidth and
the others along with the i860 only has 3.2 GB/s of memory bandwidth.

I would love to get a dual motherboard with the GC-HE chipset,
but from what I have heard no one is going to be doing that for
quite some time.

Craig

Craig Tierney (ctierney at hpti.com)