Intel E7500 versus ServerWorks GC-LE/HE

Luc Lalonde llalonde at giref.ulaval.ca
Thu Feb 28 07:41:42 PST 2002

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering if any of you can comment on the comparison of the Intel
E7500 and the ServerWorks GC-LE/HE in this article:

http://www.inqst.com/articles/p4csio/0220main.htm

Is the Plumas chipset refered to in the article the E7500?

It's interesting that Dell has chosen the ServerWorks GC-HE for its
PowerEdge 4600 systems instead of the Intel E7500.  SuperMicro now has a
motherboard for each chipset.

We're in the process of choosing the nodes for our 16 node cluster and
would appreciate any comments on these two motherboards.

Thank You.
--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde at giref.ulaval.ca