Dual motherboard cases

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Feb 13 13:51:33 PST 2002

hi ya

-- opopps... meant that to go to just ya... but no biggie

am wondering... what would be the advanatage of having 2 atx motherboards
inside one case ???

- collecting the links prev posted in one place ...
	http://www.servercase.com/ImageFiles/SC1000C.html
	http://www.hpcline.de/

	http://www.racksaver.com/products/index.asp
	( semething like what i was thinking if it is truely dual atx mb

- its an interesting idea ... dual mb...
	- i'd put its own power supply for that mb....

- also sometimes "atx" does not mean the atx we all see in
  the standard pc .. sometimes it is NLX and usually does NOT say "atx"
  which is good...but still sometimes confusing to some ...

- if $$$ is not an issue... ( $700 is a good budget )
  to use redundant power supply
  and a back plane.... with single board computers so that
  if it fails ... one can swap it out and replace it with a new sbc
	- but i'd stick with redundant power supply and
	use a power distribution pcb  to power up the independent systems

- other question is.... why not use 2 separate 1Us instead ???

- common ways that a system fails...
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Disks/Disk_Failure.gif  ( excerpted from )
http://safersite.net/NSS15AFaultTolerantUsersStoragePowerandNetworks.htm

thanx