scyld beowulf question

Horatio B. Bogbindero wyy at admu.edu.ph
Tue Feb 12 19:07:59 PST 2002

in an email to the beowulf mailing list as shown below:

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-November/001981.html

it was mentioned something about have a similar problem to
what i am having right now. i followed the thread and it
does not seem to have been resolved. was it ever resolved off
the mailing list?

there was an answer point to:

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-August/001057.html

that seems to be describing a different problem altogether. this
does not seem to be the solution to my problem.

the problem is that of the first email in which the slave node
successfully boots from the CDROM, rarp request get entertained
and an IP is assigned, the first kernel boots, the 2-K-M kicks
in, the new kernel boots up and then it fails to mount the root
partition. i presume that i could not have failed to configure
something and i hope that somebody can point me to the proper
direction.

the system has an Athlon 650MHz and 3c59x NIC.

thank you very much.

--

William Emmanuel S. Yu

War spares not the brave, but the cowardly.
		-- Anacreon