Advice on Cluster Hardware.

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Wed Feb 6 09:47:32 PST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Nirmal Bissonauth wrote:

> > > I have 6 Tyan Thunder K7 motherboards (Dual 1.2 GHz Athlon MP) in my
> > > cluster. I am using Redhat7.2, kernel 2.4.9-13smp. The problem I get is
> > Problably a silly sugestion, but you are using a proper
> > cable to connect the HD?
> I am actually using a propoer UDMA100 cable.(80 pins)
> There was a patch made available on the net but it never became part of
> the mainstream kernel and I never got round to incorporating it in mine.
> I can't find it on the web now.

This should be getting better soon.  Scyld funded part of the work Andre
Hedrick did on IDE device configuration and performance improvements.
Those changes are being merged in 2.5, and a 2.4 patch is available.  We
expect that our next 2.4 releases will incorporate those changes.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993