clustering (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 5 02:30:45 PST 2002

ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.leitl.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:55:45 +1000
From: Ian <Relativity at HumanHeuristic.com>
To: linuxbios at lanl.gov
Subject: clustering

Question for those who cluster ... (if you can discuss this)

Once you've built a new linuxbios package ... and bought a couple of
dozen/hundred nodes, what else do you chuck in your distro to make
it useful?

I'm not trying to take ideas here, just that it occurred to me that
the smallest useful linux distro would probably be about 2Mbytes with the
PVM daemon (or similar) .. and would make a good "reference" distribution
for each linuxbios board/system.  This would make it possible to ditch the
"what do I do with linuxbios and my motherboard and my DoC?" Q's by
giving a clear example (per system) ...