low-latency high-bandwidth OS bypass user-level messaging forcommodity(linux) clusters with commodity NICs(<$200), HELP!(GAMMA/EMP/M-VIA/etc.)

jon jcmcknny at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 16 23:50:06 PST 2002

Hi,

Perhaps the P4 isn't that great, but it's an Intel 850E chipset, not
sure that it sucks :)

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socket478/p4t533-c/overview.htm is the
motherboard.

Myrinet even says that you can't expect anymore than 100MB/sec-130MB/sec
out of myrinet on 32-bit 33Mhz with the best chipset.

http://www.myrinet.com/myrinet/performance/index.html

They also say system dependencies can provide latencies from 6.5us to
16us.

Anyways, ya, I don't think any P4 system is a great myrinet host.

Thanks,
Jon

EMP