Steve Cousins cousins at limpet.umeoce.maine.edu
Thu Aug 29 10:08:09 PDT 2002

> > If the machines that you are talking about really are 6-Way SMP nodes,
> > what are they?
>
> afaikt, these are machines based on the serverworks HE chipset.

I just got an email from the original poster and he says that the machine
his management people were thinking of was in fact the Western Scientific
machine which has three dual-CPU nodes, complete with three disks, and six
10/100 interfaces in 1U.

Has anyone made a cluster with these?  If so, how bad is the heat
problem? Anyone have a real price for these?

Steve
 Steve Cousins                 Email: cousins at umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469