questions

Alberto Ramos alberto at delta.ft.uam.es
Fri Aug 2 07:00:10 PDT 2002

  Generally, one aplication will not run faster in any multiprocessor
computer than in on with one processor.

  Still, if you need to do "more or less" the same but millons of times, a
beowulf could made it much more faster, but this is not the purpouse of a
beowulf. Usually in a bewulf you can run ONE progrm much faster than in a
one processor machine, but the program must be written with paralelization
in mind, that generally means that you have to write it using MPI, PVM or
other paralellizing tool.

  If you are not going to write your own code I think that a beowulf wont
help you.

  Alberto.