Maximum room temperature (Tyan S246x)

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Mon Apr 22 15:46:52 PDT 2002

On 22 Apr 2002, LT V. H. Walke wrote:
> Temperature monitoring for the dual processor Tyan board is mostly
> working in lm_sensors 2.6.3 (March 22, 2002).  See the tickets
> referenced on the lm_sensors web page:   http://www.netroedge.com/~lm78/
>
> Unfortunately, you still have to go into bios on every boot to
> initialize the monitoring chips, but everything seems to work.
> Fortunately it seems progress is being made - a solution was posted on
> April 11th (again, see the web page).

I've created a patch for the the lm_sensors w83781d driver that lets it
properly initialize and detect the chips in the Tyan dual-amd boards.  This
lets me get temperature monitoring without going into the bios first.
Temperature and fan speed monitoring works, but voltage doesn't work correctly
for some inputs (like +12V) because Tyan used non-standard resistor values and
I don't know what they are.

I'm planning to give it to the lm sensors people soon.  In the past, they've
been very receptive to my fixes for the supermicro 370DE6 and vid settings for
socketA, P4, and P3-S boards.