very high bandwidth, low latency manner?

Markus Fischer mfischer at mufasa.informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Thu Apr 18 04:54:51 PDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Joachim Worringen wrote:

>Markus Fischer wrote:
>If you could give some numbers, it would help very much. And which kind
>of communication pattern is used in this application? Which MPI
>communication calls, which message sizes?
>
>I am the author of SCI-MPICH. I do not understand the meaning of this
>sentence of yours ("applies for the same statement"). What are you
>refering to?

to have "the best performing"

>MPICH libraries, if you can not publish the source code.
>
>My bottom line is: I do not consider it good style to publically blaim a
>product for bad performance without having checked back with the people
>behind this product, and being a consultant for another product at the
>same time.

the first message was a follow up to other messages as a real
world application performance issue. As I stated
earlier, I did not focus on bringing this application to the max
on every system, but to use an existing system and see how it goes.

I know this general process of 'yes this is the current status but
we have a bunch of fixes which will help you' very well.

I also can read between the lines of some postings, too.

Markus