What could be the performance of my cluster

Suraj Peri suraj_peri at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 03:32:34 PDT 2002

Hi Craig,
Many thanks for your mail. please excuse me for asking
a dumb question and I am novice in this area.
I am interested in using this cluster for BLAST
purposes. I want to store ESTs( Expressed Sequence
Tags) and GenBank ( nucleotide sequence database) and
GenPept ( Protein sequence database) and total
predicted protein sets of Human genome.
I will use BLAST ( basic local alignment search tool
algorithm) on this cluster. As the computataions are
intensive and time consuming.
So I wanted to compare the AlphaServer DS20E and my
cluster in their computing abilities.
Because there are no one in my friend circles no about
this. Please help me if you have used clusters for
BLAST purpose.
thanks
Suraj.