What could be the performance of my cluster

Suraj Peri suraj_peri at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 03:16:15 PDT 2002

Hi group,
I was calculating the performance of my cluster. The
features are

1. 8 nodes
2. Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
3. 8 CPUs
4. 8*1.5 GB DDR RAM
5. 1 Server with 2 processorts with AMD MP 1800+ and
2GB DDR RAM

I calculated this to be 48 Mflops . Is this correct ?
if not, what is the correct performance of my cluster.
I also comparatively calculated that my cluster would
be 3 times faster than AlphaServer DS20E ( 833 MHz
alpha 64 bit processor, 4 GB max memory)

Is my calculation correct or wrong? please help me
ASAP. thanks in advance.

cheers
suraj.

=====