MPICH: works for users not root?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 10 22:43:28 PDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:24:05AM -0400, Jim Fraser wrote:
> I have had this pesky problem of running mpi using the bash shell and trying
> to figure out how to get it to work for root.  It works fine for all the
> users but not root. As root I can rsh to any node ok but if I do a      rsh
> node2 -n true  then I get a permission denied.  Again, it works for normal
> users.   I have gutted the .bashrc and /etc/bashrc scripts and the .rhosts
> seem ok.  what could be the problem?  (Linux 7.2)
>
> thanks
> jim

The least that you need is a line "rsh" in /etc/securetty.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6